[Gllug] Group email

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Mon Jan 31 09:33:29 UTC 2011

On 31/01/2011 09:18, Sarah Lemarié wrote:

> Here's another vote for a Google Group -
> http://groups.google.com/?pli=1 - the 'create' button is right there
> to make and manage your own. I think this will do exactly what you
> want.

Don't you require a Google Account to participate with normal Google
Groups?  You certainly do if you're using Google Apps User-Managed
Groups for Google Apps (if you're wanting to use your own domain)
customers, and are a complete waste of time and space.

> ..unless you are specifically looking to host something on a server of
> your own, in which case mailman is a great bet, but that will take a
> little bit of sysadmin know-how to set up. Feel free to ask more
> questions depending on what you go for..and there are some good docs
> on the web as mailman is pretty popular.

+1 on Mailman.  If you're on a cPanel/WHM system (or as somebody has
already pointed out - Plesk) then you can easily set-up Mailman lists
through a web interface with little technical knowledge.

Regards,

Martyn
--
www.10for10.org.uk / www.lovewithoutboundaries.com
Raising $10k for LWB to help 10 kids by our 10th wedding anniversary

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk