[Gllug] My god that Mark Shuttleworth gets everywhere

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Jul 12 20:18:31 UTC 2011

On 12 Jul 2011, Christopher Hunter stated:
> NT is unmaintainable (and has been since the 90s),

This is plainly not the case. They *are* maintaining it.

It's probably very *hard* to maintain, though: by all accounts it is
suffering death by excessive abstraction.

> The smarter industry types are already predicting the early demise of
> NT, and the eventual decline of MS into just another software vendor,
> with a line of appliance software that connects to the "cloud".

I cannot believe that MS would kill off their only real cash cow (beside
Office) if there was any alternative at all.

--
NULL && (void)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk