[Gllug] ADVERT: Shell Scripting book

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Jul 20 00:36:13 UTC 2011

On 20 Jul 2011, John Edwards outgrape:

> On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 01:11:45AM +0100, John G Walker wrote:
>> On Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:42:34 +0100 Steve Parker <steve at steve-parker.org> wrote:
>>> Java tendsToInsertCapsLikeThis, which I find veryIrritatingIndeed
>>
>> The advantage of that is that you can write a complete sentence without
>> blanks in it. It does allow meaningful variable names,
>
> Instead of meaningful_variable_name ?
>
> I find that a lot easier to read than camelCase

Quite. There's a reason languages have spaces in them, and an underscore
looks more like a space than WordsRammedTogether do.

(For Emacs users, the glasses-mode can perform a transparent
bidirectional transform and fix such identifiers for you. It is not
ideal, but is better than nothing.)

--
NULL && (void)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk