[Gllug] ADVERT: Shell Scripting book

Steve Parker steve at steve-parker.org
Fri Jul 15 22:20:30 UTC 2011

On 15/07/11 22:42, David L Neil wrote:
> Steve,
>
> On 07/15/2011 11:53 AM, Steve Parker wrote:
>> I am a regular lurker on this list; I've posted a few times. I just
>> wanted to mention that my book, Shell Scripting: Expert Recipes for
>
>> It's not a beginner's shell / *nix introduction book, it's aimed at
>> intermediate to advanced sysadmins.
>

> Congratulations!
Thanks! It's been a while in the coming, but it's finally coming out
next month

> I'm regularly surprised and impressed by the caliber and achievements
> of GLLUG members - even if some do hide their light under a bushel.
>

> Friday funny: how many pizza boxes in a bushel?

Well,
http://www.reliablepaper.com/White_Pizza_Boxes_16x16x2_p/smy16x16x2.htm
tells me that a pizza box is 16x16x2 inches (which sounds a bit large);
in metres, that's 0.4064 * 0.4064 * 0.0508, which bc tells me is 0.0083
square metres.
http://www.metric-conversions.org/volume/cubic-meters-to-liters.htm
tells me that 0.0083 square metres is 8.34 litres, which sounds
plausible for a 16x16x2" box. Google search for "define:bushel" tells me
that a bushel is 35.2 litres, so there must be 4.22 pizza boxes in a bushel.

Rounding off for a more regular-sized pizza box, 5 pizza boxes sounds
like a reasonable answer.

Am I close? Or have I missed the "funny" part?!

Steve

--
Steve Parker
steve at steve-parker.org