[Gllug] ADVERT: Shell Scripting book

David L Neil GLLUG at GetAroundToIt.co.uk
Fri Jul 15 22:42:08 UTC 2011

Steve,

On 07/16/2011 10:20 AM, Steve Parker wrote:
> On 15/07/11 22:42, David L Neil wrote:
>> Steve,
>>
>> On 07/15/2011 11:53 AM, Steve Parker wrote:
>>> I am a regular lurker on this list; I've posted a few times. I just
>>> wanted to mention that my book, Shell Scripting: Expert Recipes for

>> Friday funny: how many pizza boxes in a bushel?
>>
> Well,
> http://www.reliablepaper.com/White_Pizza_Boxes_16x16x2_p/smy16x16x2.htm
> tells me that a pizza box is 16x16x2 inches (which sounds a bit large);
> in metres, that's 0.4064 * 0.4064 * 0.0508, which bc tells me is 0.0083
> square metres.
> http://www.metric-conversions.org/volume/cubic-meters-to-liters.htm
> tells me that 0.0083 square metres is 8.34 litres, which sounds
> plausible for a 16x16x2" box. Google search for "define:bushel" tells me
> that a bushel is 35.2 litres, so there must be 4.22 pizza boxes in a bushel.
>
> Rounding off for a more regular-sized pizza box, 5 pizza boxes sounds
> like a reasonable answer.
>
> Am I close? Or have I missed the "funny" part?!

The funny part, and you asked for it, is that five pizzas does not sound
like much of a justification for a lurking for so long

How about selecting a few examples (different complexity levels, diverse
applications, both serious and fun) for a GLLUG talk?

--
Regards,
=dn
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk