[Gllug] Could you build a distro?

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Jun 6 06:57:44 UTC 2011

On Sun, 2011-06-05 at 19:33 +0000, Krishna Birth wrote:
> I want a linux distro. Could you tweek an existing distro e.g. Ubunto
> oe Fedora?
>
> Please tell me if I wanted a logo installed, put fonts, remove other
> fonts at console/terminal, verbose, gui, apps and perhaps put a
> keyboard app, startup browser with specific website, what would you
> charge for live or install distro and also for regular maintenance?

Yes I can and I have done so. Doing it properly takes a lot of effort.

You've asked what someone would charge. In order to get a realistic
response to that you will need to give a clearer indication of what you
actually want.

Do you want to launch a new commercial distro with proper support?

How specific a user experience do you want to provide?

What target market are you considering for the distro?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk