[Gllug] A message from 1980

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Mon Jun 20 19:22:29 UTC 2011

A few weeks ago my mother insisted that my brother and I remove various
bits of childhood stuff from her house to give her some room. One of these
things was a bag of tapes (cassettes) from our ZX80 and ZX Spectrum days.

Being both more than a little nurdy, we abandoned our kids to their own
devices and tried to import one of them on to an emulator - and we had
some success in that the program names were properly identified but the
contents were mainly nonsense.

I got the bag and have finally got around to assembling the right cables
to do this properly - but I am at a loss to know where to start with Linux
emulators - so how can I import my programming masterworks from 1980 on to
my Linux box: what are the best emulators to use (we were using Windows
before and my brother installed the apps).

Anyone know?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk