[Gllug] Something better: was Re: OT: Warning - new WD portable drives!

j.roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Fri Jun 10 13:51:04 UTC 2011

Just to mention for those who have not noticed this, for anyone who
wants something a bit better than an external USB caddy or NAS, but at a
similar price, HP have extended (yet again!) their UK offer on the
micro-server:

http://h41112.www4.hp.com/promo/proliantmicroserver/index.html

Various colleagues have bought these, and we have bought a few for
ourselves. Not bad, great value, proper server hardware (albeit low
end), will even support several lightly-loaded VMs. Runs Debian,
Proxmox, Ubuntu server, RedHat/CentOS, I have not tried BSDs.

James
--
Stabilys Ltd
www.stabilys.com