[Gllug] Could you build a distro?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at workshy.org
Wed Jun 8 14:09:35 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 12:11:58PM +0100, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, June 7, 2011 16:09, Chris Vine wrote:
> > It seemed to me to be fairly harmless good fun (until the list
> > administrator unsportingly stopped it).  The postings didn't display
> > any of the unpleasantness which often seems to accompany those with
> > unusual views of the world.
>
> I felt the discussion was coming too close to being taken as personal
> remarks.  Unintentional or not, I do not want a repeat of the situation we
> had a little while ago where an offbeat, and probably humorously intended
> remark, was taken badly wrong resulting in unsubscriptions and tearful
> emails.

Are you possibly confusing the role of somebody who undertakes the
technical administration of a mailman list with that of somebody who has
been appointed to moderate the content of the list?  I do not remember
GLLUG ever having a moderator.  It seems this is a role you have given
yourself.

--
Bruce

Explota!: miles de lemmings no pueden estar equivocados.