[Gllug] Videos in web pages

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 09:53:46 UTC 2011

Apologies in advance - this is not really a linux topic:

I discovered the other day that someone in the office was watching Tennis
on the BBC web site on their PC - I presume this is a flash plugin or something?

The problem is that we have a fairly crummy internet connection, due to distance
from the Exchange and these sort of downloads soak up too much of our limited
bandwidth.

Connections are done through a Squid proxy on a Linux box.

Is there any way of preventing these types of connections through Squid, or
do I have to look for means of removing the flash player/whatever capabilities
from the web browsers?

thanks
Tim

This E-Mail (and any files transmitted with it) is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received it in
error please notify the sender and delete the message.

Seacon Terminals Ltd, Company No. 1547396, registered in England and Wales
Registered Office:  Tower Wharf, Northfleet, Kent, DA11 9BD, England

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk