[Gllug] BE Broadband (was Off Topic: Backup ISP)

Mick Farmer mick at dcs.bbk.ac.uk
Sun Mar 27 19:01:11 UTC 2011

Dear GLLUGers,

Thank you for your many replies concerning the choice of a
backup ISP.  You obviously feel that Virgin Media is a
no-no.  So, more delving required.

Interestingly, a number of you said that BE offer a good
service, so I looked through their web site.

One thing puzzles me though.  Our current ISP, Plusnet, say
that 6 MBps is the best our line will support.  BE say that
we should expect 11 MBps.

Why is there such a discrepancy when the circuit is going to
run over the same local loop?  All explanations gratefully
received as always.

Regards,

Mick               /"\
                   \ /
Linux Registered    X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign
User #287765       / \ Against HTML Mail
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk