[Gllug] Recommend value for money Linux cloud hosting?

gvim gvimrc at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 14:00:28 UTC 2011

On 16/03/2011 02:01, Andy McGarty wrote:
> I've used www.unlimitedwebhosting.co.uk for a couple of customers and
> they are great. Very helpful, very quick to respond to queries and no
> foreign call centre in site when you ring them :)
>
> Oh and a good price.
>
> Andy

Price may be good for the base spec but I noticed that info regarding upgrade options was non-existent on their site. After asking them a few questions I learned that disk space is anything but unlimited if you want to increase it. I was looking at their DediCloud VPS offering which seems attractively priced at £16.99/mth + VAT. However, if you want to increase the disk space from 20GB to 80GB they charge a whopping £60/mth. + VAT. Considering you can get a dual Athlon II X2 dedicated server from Bytemark with 2 x 500GB disks for £750/year + VAT "Unlimited" 's offering is hardly competitive if disk space is a priority.

gvim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk