[Gllug] VPS, MX records and Virtualmin

Neil Macvicar neilm at kernelspace.co.uk
Thu Mar 17 21:46:43 UTC 2011

You can do both, and have the DNS providers nameserver as the primary resolver, and list your DNS as the secondary. That way you can gain experience managing a DNS server, and have fault tolerance.

Yes, you would add records via the online panel on whatever registrar you are dealing with. It's worth choosing a registrar with a good control panel.
Though rather expensive, I like EuroDNS because their control panel rocks. No waves of useless advertisements and product pushing (goDaddy !), just pure DNS management. Having said that though, their refunds policy is dicey (they charge you to refund your own money if something goes wrong with a registration for example).

Cheers,
--Neil.