[Gllug] BE Broadband (was Off Topic: Backup ISP)

Marcus gllug at acp-online.co.uk
Mon Mar 28 07:25:42 UTC 2011

On 27/03/11 20:01, Mick Farmer wrote:
> Dear GLLUGers,
>
> Thank you for your many replies concerning the choice of a
> backup ISP.  You obviously feel that Virgin Media is a
> no-no.  So, more delving required.
>
> Interestingly, a number of you said that BE offer a good
> service, so I looked through their web site.

I have used BE internet in London and Cambs and would recommend them to
anybody. We get around 6MB in the sticks which I am happy with. London
was solid 20MB.

I would also suggest you looking at purchasing an ADSL router - the
standard BE box would often drop the internet/randomly reboot etc 3/4
times a week [at least].

After purchasing a Draytek 2820 I can't remember the Internet ever
dropping [we got it about a year ago]. I have read the Sync speed is
often slightly lower - but I am willing to accept that for stability.

Marcus

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk