[Gllug] Alternatives to googlemail

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon May 30 11:02:10 UTC 2011

On 29 May 2011, Martyn Drake spake thusly:
> If you did want to host your own mail server with Gmail-like
> functionality, you could take out a 2Gb VPS and run Zimba Open Source:
>
> http://www.zimbra.com/products/zimbra-open-source.html
>
> It's quite nice and quite straight forward to set-up.

As a user of Zimbra at work, I can attest that it is a fiend from the
darkest depths of hell, but still has a better UI than most other
webmail programs. (But not gmail.)

(Still, for everything but calendaring I use Gnus over IMAP these days.
Gnus's IMAP support has moved from being barely usable to being almost
perfect over the five years since I tried it last.)

--
NULL && (void)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk