[Gllug] Bootable USB backup like OS X dmg?

Richard W.M. Jones rich at annexia.org
Tue May 24 18:56:21 UTC 2011

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 04:38:04PM +0100, gvim wrote:
> This is not what I'm looking for. I want to make an externally
> bootable disk image of an installed Linux system, not a generic
> USB-bootable Linux distro. Something like SuperDuper! on Mac OS X.

I'm a bit curious why it needs to be bootable.  You could rsync the
data and rely on a standard live CD or USB key for the "bootable" bit.
That would get you up and running just as quickly, the only
disadvantage being that your replacement computer would need 2 x USB
ports or 1 x USB + 1 x CD drive, which let's face it is not that much
of a limitation.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones