[Gllug] Apple Ipod Help

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Sat May 14 00:07:52 UTC 2011

On Thursday, 12 May 2011, Nix wrote:
>On 11 May 2011, David Damerell told this:
>>At the very low end of the market (Alba, which is Argos with a
>>different hat on) you can still get devices that run off ordinary AAA
>>batteries instead of pointless internal batteries.
>The internal batteries have one advantage; they can be a lot thinner
>than anything which runs off an AAA, because li-ion batteries have a
>much higher energy density than AAA's.

I find it's a much more significant disadvantage that when the
battery's empty, what do you do? Put up with it until you can charge
it. With a device that runs on ordinary batteries, I just open my
puncture spares kit and take out a replacement battery - all my
battery lights run on AAAs already, and I've got a good quality
charger and a stock of low self-discharge NiMH batteries.

Today is Second Saturday, May - a weekend.
Tomorrow will be Second Sunday, May - a weekend.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk