[Gllug] Apple Ipod Help

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Sun May 15 22:07:38 UTC 2011

On 14 May 2011, David Damerell verbalised:

> I find it's a much more significant disadvantage that when the
> battery's empty, what do you do? Put up with it until you can charge
> it. With a device that runs on ordinary batteries, I just open my
> puncture spares kit and take out a replacement battery - all my
> battery lights run on AAAs already, and I've got a good quality
> charger and a stock of low self-discharge NiMH batteries.

... while I'd find it much more inconvenient to have to find a stock of
AAA batteries than to charge my player, unless I was lucky enough to be
at home with a battery stock, and if I was at home, why would I be using
my portable player rather than my music system? (All I need to charge
the player is a power point, and they're ubiquitous.)

If you carry AAA batteries around with you, this changes, of course.

--
NULL && (void)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk