[Gllug] kvm and slow X performance

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Nov 28 17:08:22 UTC 2011

On 25 Nov 2011, Paul Hewlett verbalised:

> I can't say whether it has improved performance - the W7 performance
> assessment still rates graphics with a score of 1.0 however
> it certainly seems quicker. Windows Media Player plays movies with very
> little pixellation or stutter but that is subjective.

Bear in mind that SPICE has specific support for movie playback: it
detects probable movies and mpeg-encodes them for the trip across the
network. So the video playback is really using a different channel to
window display (and image display, which is separate again), so
conclusions from video playback do not generalize to the rest of the
SPICE experience. :)

--
NULL && (void)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk