[Gllug] kvm and slow X performance

James Roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Sat Nov 26 15:24:44 UTC 2011

On 26/11/11 14:12, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:
> On 25 November 2011 21:27, Keith Edmunds<kae at midnighthax.com>  wrote:
>>> I want to do it this way so that I can use the dom0 so that I can ssh
>>> into it, and reboot the VM.
>>
>> Why does it need to be a VM to do that? You can just ssh into your desktop
>> and reboot it if need be.
>
> Nice case of not answering the question and at the same time implying
> that I am stupid.

Ah, this is the web :)

> I need to run desktop X apps in a sandbox. Putting them in their own
> VM seemed the method that is easiest to manage.
> SPICE and QXL look hopeful, I will try those.

If you manage to get Spice working properly please do post your results:
I gave up for now (but am probably too thick to succeed :)

My application had some commonalities: running multiple VM on KVM under
Proxmox for remote access from US, graphics too slow.

MeJ
--
Stabilys Ltd		www.stabilys.com
244 Kilburn Lane