[Gllug] [gllug] Junior Linux System Administrator

Vaidas Jablonskis jablonskis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 15:19:29 UTC 2011

Hi People,

Apologies to those who've already seen this on the [linuxjobs] mailing
list already.
The gllug has been pretty quiet, so I decided to post it here too,
just to make sure it
gets spread out.

We are looking to hire a Junior Linux System Administrator to join our
team. Please see more details below:

Position: Junior Linux System Administrator
Salary: £27k - £30k + benefits
Company: Garlik Limited
Location: South west London
Contact: job28 at garlik.com

Garlik Ltd (http://www.garlik.com/) are looking for a Junior Linux
System Administrator to work in South West London. The role will be
reporting to the Senior System Administrator. The successful candidate
will be working with open source technologies, ensuring software is
kept up to date, be building CentOS Linux servers, maintaining
firewall rules and network security, and so on.

No experience of working with Linux in a corporate environment is
required, but enthusiasm and a desire to learn are important.

Garlik Ltd builds systems that protect individuals from online crime.
We work with many major UK and international companies, delivering
services to hundreds of thousands of users. We make heavy use of free
software, and open standards.

Key skills and experience:

- Some experience administering RPM based distributions (CentOS/RHEL)
- Some knowledge of networking and security
- Ability to work within a small team and on your own
- Enthusiastic about Linux and open source technologies

Useful skills and experience:

- Web server administration: apache2, nginx
- Scripting languages: bash/shell, python or perl
- Linux distributions: CentOS/RHEL
- Understanding of iptables/netfilter firewalls
- Network protocols: TCP/IP, IP Routing, VLAN
- Storage: iSCSI, NFS
- Virtualization technologies: Linux KVM, VMware ESXi
- Some experience with server hardware (mostly Dell)

--
Vaidas Jablonskis
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk