[Gllug] Smart cities get their own operating system -what underlies the McClaren OS?

Tethys . tethys at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 18:36:30 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Christopher Hunter <cehunter at gb-x.org> wrote:

>> For more than 20 years, McLaren has continued to develop and improve
>> upon its sensor and telemetric technologies. All Formula 1 racing
>> teams use it
>
> No they certainly don't.  Most teams use their own telemetry systems -
> each one is proprietary.

Errr... given that FIA mandate the use of the McLaren ECU, and given
that all of the teams use McLaren's ATLAS software, I don't think that
claim stands up. I'm not close enough to say whether each team has
their own telemetry transmitters/receivers, but ultimately, the data
all goes into ATLAS, and it's fair to say that McLaren have more
expertise in data acquisition and analysis than any of the other
teams.

Tet

--
"Java is a DSL for taking large XML files and converting them to stack
traces" -- Bulat Shakirzyanov
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk