[Gllug] Dell USB problem

'lesleyb' lesleyb at herlug.org.uk
Tue Apr 17 10:45:34 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 05:52:43PM +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> OK.  dmesg gives a repeated report of "unable to enumerate USB device on
> port 2 (or 1 or 4 according to the socket a USB stick is plugged into).
>
> I'm getting really frustrated with this piece of junk - I've never had
> USB problems on any machine before!
>
> Any ideas?  It's a fresh install of Ubuntu 11.10.
 I googled 'Unable to enumerate USB device fix' and got
 http://www.geekdevs.com/2010/04/solved-unable-to-enumerate-usb-device-disabling-ehci_hcd/

 which discusses the upgrade to USB 2.  I believe there is a USB 3 coming out
 so, given Ubuntu's rush to the cutting edge, you may be in a similar situation
 vis-a-vis USB 2 USB 3.

 This link appears to be more slightly more recent
 https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1087323

 Those links might help but the search results can be accessed here:
 http://bit.ly/ID7JaS

 Good luck and please do post what you found worked.

 Regards

 Lesley
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk