[Gllug] Rekindling interest in London LUG events

'lesleyb' lesleyb at herlug.org.uk
Sun Apr 29 13:50:20 UTC 2012

On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 08:22:57AM +0100, Donald Williams wrote:
> Hi - as an arthritically bedevilled 78-year-old who has given up marathons
> and stuff, can I ask the able-bodied among you to consider as a venue the
> only pub I can easily get to in my area - the Birchwood of Abbey Wood? They
> do have a function room. I think there are some potential GLLUG members in
> this area (even other old farts like me!) who might more easily make it
> there and enjoy what I have called for years the best pub in South London
> ... I've been into Linux for some years - I can't be alone here.
>
> Don

Don,

To be honest, it would be far easier and cheaper for me to get to Abbey Wood
- and get home again - than them there high falluting parts of North London.
As a grubby South East Londoner, unused to the alien cultures and dulcet
tones of the Northern delights of this great city I think I would much prefer
a more local group.

Regards

Lesley
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk