[Gllug] Linux Petition

JLMS jjllmmss at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 4 02:19:20 UTC 2012

On 3 April 2012 21:33, Nix <nix at esperi.org.uk> wrote:
> On 3 Apr 2012, John Hearns said:
>> I would like to say, but without trying to do you down, that many many
>> organisations run Linux and depend on Linux. It is just not shouted
>> from the rooftops.
>
> Particularly in the City. Does anyone *not* use either Linux or Solaris
> somewhere in their stock trading these days?

A well known company, which should remained unnamed, have 500 Linux
*desktops* , but would not allow mention of it because they didn't
want their competitors to know about this competitive advantage :-)

This was not hearsay,it  appeared in reliable statistics available to
all SysAdmins used to account for licenses across the firm.

This was on top of a good number of Red Hat and SuSE servers.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk