[Gllug] MiniPC with 2x NIC

James Roberts j.roberts at stabilys.com
Thu Apr 5 18:52:53 UTC 2012

On 03/04/12 23:53, Robert wrote:

> But I'm struggling to find the ideal, and cheap box that'll be my
> gateway. I'm ideally looking for something small (booksize), fanless
> (atom?), and with 2x NIC's built in rather than wifi+nic or USB-NIC
> hanging off. Optical devices not required as will install Linux via USB.

There's been lots of good advice.

We also use Alix boards (D13) for low encrypted throughput scenarios.
They are very good. Will apparently work with IPCop 1/2 (but we use pfsense:

http://linitx.com/product/12647

If however you need a bit more welly then try one of these:

http://linitx.com/product/13406

with one of these:

http://linitx.com/product/12576

and these:

http://linitx.com/product/13116

These will fit in any standard box or any MiniITX case.

We find PSU issues (correctly mentioned by one respondent) to be reduced
by using these:

http://linitx.com/product/10916

and a 12V brick:

http://linitx.com/product/12342

They still fail but replacements are trivially available from multiple
sources.

--
Stabilys Ltd		www.stabilys.com
244 Kilburn Lane