[Gllug] Dell Problems

jim.cameron at buhlergroup.com jim.cameron at buhlergroup.com
Mon Apr 16 09:30:50 UTC 2012

> My neighbour wants to try Ubuntu on his Dell Latitude D830 after the
> usual Windows disasters.  A quick install of the latest Ubuntu was
> entirely successful except for one issue - the USB ports don't work.

When you say "latest Ubuntu" do you mean the 11.10 release or the 12.04 beta? I had problems with USB devices not being detected on my laptop running 11.10 which went away when I installed 12.04. You might want to give the beta a whirl if you haven't already.

jim
--
Jim Cameron, Software Engineer, Bühler Sortex Limited
Registered in England No. 434274

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential,
may be legally privileged and is designated exclusively
for the intended recipient. Access by any other person is
not authorised. Any disclosure of this e-mail or of names
of persons mentioned therein as well as any storing,
copying, distribution and dissemination is strictly prohibited.

If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately
delete this e-mail and notify the sender by phone or by e-mail.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk