[Gllug] Rekindling interest in London LUG events

Chris Bell chrisbell at chrisbell.org.uk
Mon Apr 30 21:30:32 UTC 2012

On Mon 30 Apr, Matthew Copperwaite wrote:

> 2. Have a 'splitters' like event where different areas have their own LUG.

   My suggestion was for more local hands-on groups, perhaps similar to that
in London Hackspace, but also a more comprehensive central group structure,
(in any case I am not very good at arranging talks). I learned mechanical
engineering by doing it when I was about 7 at the family run general
engineering and toolmaking company, and there was always a queue of locals
waiting to have a go at weekends when they could attempt their own projects
and repairs. I soon learned about rebuilding petrol engines, worked on an
industrial power wiring project at 13, and electronics later. Too many
people never even get started now, and many are just as nervous about
anything "technical".

--
Chris Bell www.chrisbell.org.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk