[Gllug] Rekindling interest in London LUG events

Matthew Copperwaite mattcopp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 28 16:15:05 UTC 2012

Hi Guys,

After the somewhat successful relaunch of the Lincolnshire LUG and the
huge turn out at the GitHub London drink up a few weeks ago (although
they did have free beer) I figured it's time to get the largest Linux
user base in the UK back together.

I decided it should start out informally, just to gauge interest, so I
have set up a pub meet so that everyone discuss plans, locations,
dates etc. over a few drinks. I have booked a small section of The
Skinners Arms, 5 minutes walk from Kings Cross, and a good selection
of beer, for the 7th of June from 6pm and I'm really hoping we can
freak out the Landlord.

To get fresh blood in I will be promoting this event as widely as
possible through Geeks of London, London Hack Space and in Linux
Format Magazine to see how much interest there might be when it comes
to doing a more formal LUG.

If there are no major objections I would like to put this through the
announcements mailing list too.

Matt

The Skinners Arms:
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/place?cid=9950840478486936442&q=The+Skinners+Arms+kings+cross&gl=uk&dtab=2&ie=UTF8&ll=51.528651,-0.12512&spn=0.007756,0.021136&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=0