[Gllug] Gnome3 on Fedora 16 (Again)

DL Neil gllug at getaroundtoit.co.uk
Tue Apr 17 22:50:05 UTC 2012

Mick,

> 2. How do I get my name to appear on the sign in dialogue?  At present
> I have to go through the "Not listed" sequence by hand.

How did you do that? What is your "not listed" userNM?

As part of the load-from-CD/DVD process not only is the Root user
created but Anaconda expects you to create a user-user account. This
should appear within the list on the log-in dialog box.

NB The root user is, by default at least, banned from logging-in.

If you haven't already (as above, 'Anaconda') try manually creating a
new user/account (Users and Groups in Gnome, or maybe you'll need to SU
from the cmdLN - depending upon your user privileges) to see if that
(newly created) user will list appropriately...

--
Regards,
=dn
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk