[GLLUG] Fibre broadband

Christopher Hunter cehunter at gb-x.org
Fri Dec 21 16:29:38 UTC 2012

On Fri, 2012-12-21 at 09:44 +0000, John Winters wrote:

> Now it's possible they've had a complete re-structuring since then and
> all works smoothly, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

No - they're just as bad as ever.

When this area (Muswell Hill) was Cable Camden, we had 92% of households
connected to their service.  When the offered internet connection, many
took it, and it was pretty good.

Subsequently, through the endless mergers and buy-outs, the system has
been taken over by Virgin on the Ridiculous.  They have just under 7% of
households in the area.

I think the numbers tell the story!

Happy Christmas!!

Chris