[GLLUG] 3 Monitors - Nvida - Linux distro

Dimitrios Siganos dimitris at siganos.org
Fri Dec 21 18:33:13 UTC 2012

On 21/12/12 16:22, Renato Marcandier wrote:
> What is the distribution that you suggest for use with 3 monitors?
> I have 3 monitors LG (Flatron L1953S) and a DELL (Desktop Optiplex 760 +
> Nvidia NVS 300.
>
> Do you think ubuntu 10.04 is a good one?

Hi Renato,

I was a long term desktop user of Ubuntu and I was very happy until
release 11 when they started shifting their focus onto
smartphones/tables. Ubuntu 11 and 12 are terrible on the desktop, in my
opinion. I have moved on to Linux Mint, which is based on Ubuntu, but
focuses on the desktop market.

I have no comments to offer you regarding the triple screen setup.

Regards,
Dimitris