[Gllug] Fedora Core 14

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Tue Feb 7 11:08:57 UTC 2012

On 07/02/12 10:37, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> There is one external repo (rpmfusion), and it's kept synchronized
> with the main Fedora repo.  This situation is effectively no different
> from how Debian packages patented and non-free things.

Right, but that's only been around for a few years (a Google search
reveals 5 years but only really active for 4 [1]).  Debian has had
everything in standard repos for as long as I've been using Linux.

> In any case it is done for legal, not technical reasons.

It doesn't make any practical difference for what reason it's done.  If
upgrades are harder for legal reasons then upgrades are harder.

Rob

[1] https://www.ohloh.net/p/rpmfusion
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk