[Gllug] Ssh Debugging

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Tue Feb 28 07:45:48 UTC 2012

Re ssh bind to port 1234 problem;

I have only taken a brief glance at this thread,  but it seems to me that if
the server is saying it cannot bind to the port, there are only really three
possibilities:-

1 - most likely - another process is bound to the port;  the netstat -p command
I believe will show which processes are bound to which ports.

2 - the server is giving a misleading message; I would imagine it can be placed
in full debug mode to capture messages as to exactly what it is doing (maybe
possible to trace the system calls?)

3 - something wrong with the kernel's IP stack  (highly unlikely!)

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk