[Gllug] Fedora Core 14

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Fri Feb 3 11:49:41 UTC 2012

On 02/01/2012 08:00 PM, Mick Farmer wrote:
> Dear GLLUGers,
>
> I've answered my own question!  According to Wikipedia, support for FC
> 14 ended on 08.12.11.
>
> Should I upgrade to FC 15, or straight up to FC 16.

Skipping a version in Fedora upgrades generally seems to work, but there
are no guarantees. I recommend backing up your data and doing a clean
installation[1].

You could try installing and running preupgrade and seeing what that
suggests.

Fedora is a fast-moving distribution. Each version is only supported for
just over a year. If you're not happy upgrading your system at least
annually then Fedora is probably not the best distribution for you.

See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/End_of_life

Cheers,

Dave...

[1] A version of this that I often use is - have your data on a separate
filesystem and do a clean installation.

Dave Cross :: dave at dave.org.uk
http://dave.org.uk/
@davorg