[Gllug] VACANCY: Mid level System Administrator

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Mon Jan 30 12:00:55 UTC 2012

Hi Guys,

Wordtracker LLP are looking for a mid level sysadmin to be based out of
their offices in Kentish Town.

Details for the role are here :
http://www.wordtracker.com/blog/sys-admin-job ( reproduced below )

Its a great place to work, nice offices, lots of emerging technologies
to handle and the 'sysadmin' gets a 2x24" ( = 3840 x 1200 ) desktop.

--------------------

Title: Sysadmin
Location: North London ( Kentish Town )
Salary on offer: 35k to 40k/yr + contributory pension
Company: http://www.wordtracker.com/

The successful applicant will be responsible for managing our
infrastructure and supporting five Rails3 apps spread over 14 machines.
We're using technologies such as Puppet, Redis, Resque and Sphinx.

The ideal candidate will have:

•   A thorough understanding (minimum 3 years experience) of sysadmin
(networks, firewalls, shell scripting, virtualisation, RAID disk
management) and best practice
•   A good knowledge of CentOS/RHEL Linux
•   Knowledge of Puppet
•   Knowledge of Zabbix
•   Admin experience with MySQL
•   Worked in a web services company
•   Working knowledge of performance metrics and tuning
•   An understanding on machine life cycle management
•   Working experience of the agile development process

You will be responsible for sourcing new services and migrating our
legacy systems.

At Wordtracker we offer a great company culture. You will be based in a
modern open plan office - with exposed brickwork, lots of space and
plenty of natural light - in north London (Kentish Town, about five
minutes walk from the tube).

We work in a pretty casual environment with flexible working hours. We
have a stand-up every morning at 10am and our lunch on Fridays is
provided from a local organic cafe. Of course, there's always plenty of
fruit and snacks in the office, a holiday allowance of 23 days a year
and a contributory pension scheme.

Feel free to get in touch with me or Johnno < johnno at wordtracker.com >
if you would like to apply for this role.

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk