[Gllug] Plusnet Fibre Broadband

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 30 12:13:08 UTC 2012

Mick,
  I am with Plusnet also, and got a message from them that my exchange
was new enabled for fibre. I've seen a lot of BT Openreach vans in the
are recently too.

Does anyone know how to identify the cabinets which house the fibre to
the curb gear? Reading on one forum I think they are located alongside
the traditional cabinets where the lines from houses are concentrated.

My current broadband speed is pretty poor to say the least, so I would
be interested in what you find out.

Also does anyoen know how you can check if a specific postcode or
address can get the fibre service?

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk