[Gllug] Problem with Monitor and VGA switch

Ben Whyall ben at whyall-systems.co.uk
Mon Jan 23 07:21:26 UTC 2012

Hi

For Christmas, I got a new monitor and to allow me to work with both my
laptop and my pc I have it connected through a VGA switch.  I already
have another monitor shared with a KVM.

When I reboot the machine the monitor connected through the VGA switch
has a maximum resolution of 1024x768 which suggests to me that the vga
switch is xstopping the correct identification of the monitor.  If i
wire the monitor in directly before rebooting or restarting the x server
I get the proper 1920x1080 by default.

Can I get round this using an X org config or do I need to do something
else.

Thanks

Ben

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk