[Gllug] Problem with Monitor and VGA switch

John Hearns hearnsj at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 23 11:53:15 UTC 2012

your monitor uses EDID - the switch is probably not relaying those signals

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extended_display_identification_data

Yes you can set a defined resolution in the xorg.conf
However if you look at the 'modes' section for your display you should
see a list
of the resolutions already defined.

You could set screen resolutions using xrandr,
or in my case I use Nvidia cards so I use the nvidia-settings  utility

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk