[Gllug] open source centric ICT in Schools from Sept 2012 ?

Iain M Conochie iain at shihad.org
Wed Jan 18 09:30:20 UTC 2012

> <snip>
>
> It's one of a very few skills essential to life. Forget 'economic
> competence', in my opinion simple cookery is about as important as
> reading. Yet it is barely taught.

In my school this was called Home Economics. Can still remember the
class being told to bring in one egg and when the kids arrived half of
them were broken :) Ahh - those were the days

In my opinion, we do not value education in our society. There seems to
be an attitude of "Those that can't teach". Very sad

Iain
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk