[Gllug] open source centric ICT in Schools from Sept 2012 ?

John G Walker johngeoffreywalker at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 18:29:20 UTC 2012

On Fri, 13 Jan 2012 18:19:54 +0000 John Hearns <hearnsj at googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Anyway, I said and many people said at the time that definiing open
> standards for data interchange was the key, rather than going about
> spending untold millions of spiffing hardware and databases.

I've lost count of the number of people who've, quite independently,
thought of this. I have never come across anyone who's pointed out a
flaw in it, real or imagined. It is sheer stupidity that the idea
wasn't taken up.

Mind you, Tim Berners-Lee did have to argue pretty hard against those
who wanted the web to be run with a central database,.

--
 All the best,
 John
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk