[Gllug] winphone conversion to android ?

Philip Hands phil at hands.com
Mon Jan 16 16:13:15 UTC 2012

On Mon, 16 Jan 2012 13:44:50 +0000, James Courtier-Dutton <james.dutton at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 January 2012 13:15, Geo <caparo.g at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > hi,
> >  well my wife decided she was going to buy me a new flashy phone like my
> > brothers android. However not being exactly a tech head she bought a HTC HD2
> > windows phone, thank you but I wanted an android to work with the Robots the
> > children and I are working on.
> >
> > Now since you guys & gals use all sorts of Gadgets I figure you are the best
> > people to ask.
> >
> > Is it possible to "convert" this phone to android rather than quietly "lose"
> > it and buy an HTC or something that is android based
> >

> If I was you, I would just go back to the shop and change it.
> Mobile phone shops are normally quite good at that sort of thing.
> If you did the change from Windows to Android yourself, you are sure
> to loose the warrentee.

Presumably the sales staff simply ignored your wife's request for an
Android phone, and insisted that WP7 was better for her, in order to
collect the Microsoft sweetener that has been deemed necessary to move
this stuff off the shelf:

  http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/01/06/microsoft_seeks_to_buy_mobile_redemption/

I'd say it was your duty to take the thing back, and so bugger up their bonus.

Cheers, Phil.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk