[GLLUG] List archives

Robert McKay robert at mckay.com
Wed Jun 20 14:05:35 UTC 2012

On Wed, 20 Jun 2012 14:43:43 +0100, Peter Cannon wrote:
> On 20/06/12 14:33, Andy Smith wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> If this list is going to be sticking around for more than a few
>> weeks more then IMHO it would be great if we could get the old list
>> archives in mbox format from Jason so that they could be imported.
>>
>> Is anyone in contact with Jason to organise the return of his list
>> or the import of the old archives?
>>
>> I am happy to give it a go but don't want to pile on.
>
> The problem is Jason is always so damned hard to contact which is why
> this list has been set up. I for one hope this is it's new permanent
> home however I agree the archives need to be moved.
>
> As far as I know the original list is on a server in Canary wharf
> somewhere and only Jason has the magic keys to the golden kingdom.

Anyone subscribed to the list might potentially have a copy of the list
archives. I suppose not everyone may have filter rules to break out the
gllug mail into a seperate mailbox. My current gllug mbox only goes back
to Feb 2012.. there are various other ones on different servers but
there are probably missing time periods where I wasn't on the list at
all or deleted the mail.. perhaps someone has a more complete mbox
though?

Rob