[Gllug] VACANCY: Linux Systems Administrator

Robert . forums at binaryexistence.co.uk
Thu Mar 22 11:41:41 UTC 2012

> I do not know the details of the case, but I think that if you have a
> web site, and its sole purpose is to make copyright violations easier,
> you are asking for trouble.
> In my view it is a shame that sites like megaupload have gone the same
> way, because that was very useful when doing android development. Not
> any copyright violation involved at all with Android development, but
> it died because the site also had copyright content.
> --

Would you not use GitHub or similar for something like that?
I think that legit users can always find alternatives and so won't feel the
problems so much.
I do also feel that the problem with people sharing what they have on their
computers is being viewed from the wrong angle, where would the world be if
we didn't share?.
If software companies have problems with losing money due to sharing then
it's up to them to develop ways to restrict that loss. A CDkey has never
worked, companies developing something new and innovative might be a more
realistic use if resource rather than hunting down individuals.