[Gllug] Filesystem available to both windows and linux

tid td at bloogaloo.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 20:34:44 UTC 2012

Hi,

Where I'm currently working, the storage environment has *ahem* 'grown
organically' and there are a couple
of infortrend iSCSI NAS boxes serving up storage to 2 linux servers,
which then export these filesystems
as samba shares to a mixture of linux and windows servers. Yes, you
read that right. Linux to linux samba
shares. I'm looking for a better solution, and given that the windows
servers will eventually go away, am
wondering what my options are. I could just go for straight NFS
mounts, but will be serving small amounts
of video so am wondering if there is a better solution ...

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Tid
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk