[Gllug] nullmailer or ssmtp

t.clarke tim at seacon.co.uk
Fri Mar 30 08:52:33 UTC 2012

I have never used secure smtp,  but the info I have indicates that it is done
over a completely different port to 25, which is used for (unsecure) smtp only.

Why not try ordinary smtp over port 25 and if that works, fine!

Do you really need secure smtp anyway? - the vast majority of emails are
sent over the internet (to the best of my knowledge) using ordinary smtp.
Secure smtp would seem to be only necessary if you have emails you really
want to keep absolutely secure (though its quite probable that once they
reach bT 'securely'  they will be unsecure from that proint on!).

Tim
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk