[Gllug] Linux / unix applications support vacancy - London

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Wed Mar 7 18:27:13 UTC 2012

On 7 Mar 2012, Tethys . outgrape:

> Yeesh. Where do I begin? You're advertising for a technical job, and
> yet are clearly so utterly technically inept that I struggle to see
> why anyone would trust you to accurately represent them to a potential
> employer.

Quite. I note that my current employer does not use agencies (despite,
or perhaps because of, our hunger for clued staff). Neither does RH nor
I think Canonical. I would be unsurprised to find that SuSE (whoever
owns them today) rejects them too. That's most of the big Linux
distributors.

This sort of posting makes it clear why. Would *you* accept candidates
who'd been screened for suitability by someone who you would not
yourself employ? Surely not.

(I never used agencies on the employee side either, if merely because
they generally insist on mangling your CV into something uglier than you
can possibly imagine.)

> - Job postings must include a location (not just "London" - you didn't
> even get that far)

Give him a tiny bit of credit. He had 'London' in his subject line.
(Because Kings Cross and Sutton are basically the same place and equally
easy to get to. Right?)

--
NULL && (void)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk