[Gllug] Linux / unix applications support vacancy - London

Tethys . tethys at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 18:14:48 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Paul Wilkins <paul at starfish-it.com> wrote:

> We are representing a Global Financial services company who are looking for
> a junior to mid level Applications support analyst with good Linux / unix
> understanding to command level.

Yeesh. Where do I begin? You're advertising for a technical job, and
yet are clearly so utterly technically inept that I struggle to see
why anyone would trust you to accurately represent them to a potential
employer. You haven't bothered to read the mailing list FAQ, which
clearly states:

- Job postings must have a subject starting with "VACANCY:"
- Job postings must include a location (not just "London" - you didn't
even get that far)
- No job postings from agencies
- No top posting
- Trim your messages, quoting only the relevant parts

Of course, there weren't any relevant parts to quote, because you
posted by replying to a completely unrelated post, thus displaying an
alarming level of ignorance about how email works, and breaking
threading for everyone else.

If there's a next time, please make an attempt to do better.

Tet

[1] http://www.hinterlands.org/gllugfaq (linked to from http://gllug.org.uk)

--
"Java is a DSL for taking large XML files and converting them to stack
traces" -- Bulat Shakirzyanov
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk