[Gllug] VACANCY: Linux Systems Administrator

James Courtier-Dutton james.dutton at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 11:25:31 UTC 2012

On 22 March 2012 11:07, JLMS <jjllmmss at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 21 March 2012 19:02, Christopher Hunter <cehunter at gb-x.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> No it doesn't. The law is no different for foreign companies. All
>>> employment within the UK is subject to UK (and EU) law not US law.
>>
>> The Americans seem to believe that their Laws apply to everyone,
>> throughout the world!  I've just had some clown in the USA try to
>> prosecute me under their silly DMCA!!  I'm still getting daily
>> nastygrams from his clueless lawyer (I hope it's costing him a fortune!)
>>
>> Chris
>>

> I would be extremely careful. The US is exercising the unfair
> extradition treaty with the UK to its fullest extent, I am sure those
> clueless lawyers are fully aware of this.

I do not know the details of the case, but I think that if you have a
web site, and its sole purpose is to make copyright violations easier,
you are asking for trouble.
In my view it is a shame that sites like megaupload have gone the same
way, because that was very useful when doing android development. Not
any copyright violation involved at all with Android development, but
it died because the site also had copyright content.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk