[Gllug] Rekindling interest in London LUG events

Karanbir Singh mail-lists at karan.org
Tue May 1 10:16:20 UTC 2012

On 04/28/2012 05:15 PM, Matthew Copperwaite wrote:
> After the somewhat successful relaunch of the Lincolnshire LUG and the
> huge turn out at the GitHub London drink up a few weeks ago (although
> they did have free beer) I figured it's time to get the largest Linux
> user base in the UK back together.

I'm not sure if that user base ever splintered. The biggest challenge in
the meetings was that Linux in itself is no longer niche enough to get
people excited about coming into the city on a weekend day. Most of the
people drifted over into more specific niche groups and interests.

Also, I have some level of access on the gllug website, happy to help
with that side of things; not sure if I can make it into town for the
meeting on the 6th though.

Regards,

--
Karanbir Singh
ICQ: 2522219    | Yahoo IM: z00dax      | Gtalk: z00dax
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk